Are you planning to become a content writer or blogger? If yes, then you are in the right place: we are here to provide you with the easiest guide for SEO Content Writing. Keep reading this article to know all about what\’s, why\’s, and how\’s of web content writing.
Content writing can be best marked as the creation and modification of web content. The content can be in textual, visual, and aural form as per the requirements. Although content writing typically involves digital marketing, content writing isn’t limited to the web, solely. Basically, a content writer can create unique and innovative content for multiple platforms including websites, blogs, social media, white papers, and ebooks.
In this article, we’ll provide you with in-depth insights into the best and easiest ways to create and optimize web content.
Now, comes the question: how to create web content? Anyhow, before answering this question, we would like to apprise you about the purpose of the creation of web content. First of all, let’s find out why we create web content, and how it helps in digital marketing, respectively.
What is SEO Content Writing?
SEO Content Writing involves the use of high-volume (target) keywords as well as the implementation of certain rules and techniques (defined by the search engine) to generate traffic on a website.
The search engine optimized content basically aims to boost a website’s organic visibility and SERP rankings.
Now, comes the question: how can optimize the web content?
Why Do We Create Web Content?
If you think of a website as a digital magazine or an online store then you’ll be able to understand why we create web content.
Typically, a website can be:
- A Blog that displays information regarding a wide range of topics
- An online store that markets and sells products
- A software hub that provides people with the access to advanced tools
- A portfolio that showcases the work experience of a professional person or company
We can use the website to connect with people from all over the world and exchange the intended information in the easiest way possible.
Well, for whatever purpose you use a website, the thing you should be cautious about the most is the CONTENT.
Now, let’s move towards the question “how to create web content?”
How Do We Create Web Content?
The web content is curated by the combination of captivating visuals and text that aims to deliver the intended information.
Typically, the web content must be captivating enough to:
- hook the readers and make them read the entire article
- persuade the consumers to buy the promoted goods
Moreover, the web content must be readable and optimized enough so that:
- the user can read, view, understand, and use it easily
- the search engine crawls it, and ranks it higher on serps
Do you know what makes the content readable and optimized? It\’s SEO.
The web content must be search engine optimized so that it ranks on the top of the search engine results pages (SERPs).
To help you understand how to do the SEO of the web content, let us tell you about SEO content writing.
How to Optimize the Web Content?
The optimization of the web content involves the maintenance and enhancement of SEO and Readability score.
- Readability can be best marked as the level of ease with which the reader reads content
- SEO involves the appropriate use of keywords, titles, metas, tags, links, slugs, alt texts, and images in the content
There are certain On-page SEO rules following which the writer can optimize the web content. (Both the readability and SEO elements fall under the hood of on-page SEO).
Firstly, let us provide you with quick insights into the readability factors of the web content. Afterward we will discuss SEO guidelines and then tell you about effective SEO content writing tips.
Follow these guidelines to maintain and enhance the readability score of the content:
You could be writing content for any kind of reason whether you are writing for your own project or you are doing a content Writing job or you are providing SEO content writing services as a freelancer. If you can take care of the following points you will have quality material for both Google and users:
- Create a long content (add more than 300 words
- Avoid the use of jargons and specialized vocabulary
- Use creative yet easy to understand wording
- Keep the sentences short and simple (don’t use more than 20 words in a single sentence)
- Create sentences in active voice (avoid passive construction)
- Keep the paragraphs short and concise
- Use transition words (to connect sentences and paragraphs)
- Segment the content using headings and subheadings
- Add only 300 words at max under a single heading
- Avoid the use of more than two consecutive sentences
Now, let’s get to know about the SEO factors of the content.
The On-page SEO of web content involves the appropriate use of the following elements:
- SEO Title
- Meta Description
- URL Slug
- Internal Links
- Outbound Links
- Image Alt Text
Now, let’s find out about the appropriate use of all these SEO elements.
Keywords in SEO
The use of keywords is the most crucial part of SEO content writing. There’s a set of rules that you are required to follow while adding the keywords in the web content. To optimize the web content, you must add the focus and related keywords to the entire content. If you ain’t aware of the algorithm of keyword density and placement then have a look below.
While writing the content, add the focus and related keywords:
- once in the introduction paragraph
- at least 3-4 times (each) in the body paragraphs
- once in the conclusion paragraph
- add the focus keyword in the beginning of the SEO title
- add the focus and related keywords once in the meta description
- include the focus keyword in the URL slug
- add the focus and related keywords (as alt text) in at least 3 images
To create an optimized SEO title of web content, make sure to:
- generate 70 characters at max
- add the focus keyword in the beginning
- highlight the content intent
To create an optimized meta description of web content, make sure to:
- generate 100-130 characters at max
- add the focus and related keywords
- describe the purpose and subject of the web content
Slug is the part of the URL (of a web page or article) that denotes what the respective content is about. The slug comes up after the slash in a URL.
Follow these guidelines while creating the URL slug for a web page:
- Highlight the content intent (must add the focus keyword)
- Avoid the use of stop words
- Connect the words using hyphen or underscore
- Keep it short and precise
Image Alt Text
The Alt Text means the Focus and Related Keywords.
To optimize the images (that you have added in the web content), make sure to add the Alternative Text in them.
To be precise, add all the keywords in the descriptions of the images (in only 2-3 images, not all).
Add at least one outbound link in the web content.
Hyperlink any term and enable the reader to jump to the targeted external site (that\’s what we call outbound linking).
Add at least one internal link to connect the relevant content pages/posts of your website. Hyperlink any term and enable the reader to jump to the relevant post of your own website.
To search-engine-optimize the web content, all you are required to do is to maintain its readability and SEO score. To do so, you must deploy the on-page SEO rules and techniques (generate SEO-friendly content and snippets).
In a nutshell, SEO Content Writing requires the appropriate use of keywords within the text, images, title, meta, and slug of the article.